måndag 26 april 2010

Sundern-Hagen Race Report

This weekend I raced in Sundern-Hagen. 55 km and 1200 hm, and almost only gravelroads. I rode in front with a group of 5 riders in the beginning of the race. After only 10 km a rider stretched his legs and got a gap that consistently grew. So after a couple of km I decided to join him. We two rode together for like 10 min before he had a flat. That left me alone after only 15 km. Two things to do, either wait for the group to join me or give it everything and try to hold them of. Ofcourse I chose the second alternative.
I managed to hold them behind me and could cross the finish line as winner. A good feeling. A big thanks to René that helped me and Günter with bottles, extra wheels, bike wash and more. Günter did a good race and ended up 4th in Senior 2.

Today I'm travelling to Sweden for approx a week before it's time for my first race in Turkey. But before that I'll do a marathon in Sweden.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar