tisdag 20 april 2010

English Race Report

Last weekend it was the first round of the German cup in Münsingen. This was the first big race for the xc-crew in the team.

On Saturday Matthias and Marco participated in the sprint race. They both did a good race. Matthias finished 9th and Marco 6th. Good job fellas!

The next day it was time for the xc races. Matthias was first out and started at 10 am with the other U23-riders. He did a good race but lost some places in the last lap and ended up at 13th position. I'm sure that he soon will find his form and therefore be able to fight in the top again.

Me and Marco started at 2 pm together with approx 90 other riders. In opposite to Marco's great start I did as usual, and was far behind after the first lap. But I managed to motivate myself and fought hard to make up some lost ground. After the first lap I was down at 57th position, but when I crossed the finish line I did it as 29th. Marco lost some of his speed at the last two laps and finished 32th.

Now I'm back in Imgenbroich and have just finished a training session. Weather is as usual here in Eifel, cloudy and cold. But according to yr.no warmer and sunnier weather is coming.

In other news, I have now updated my calender. Had to do some changes because of my lack of UCI-points.
This weekend I'll do a marathon in Sundern-Hagen. Hoping that I can be a little faster in the start or otherwise I'll have to pass approx 1300 riders and that is a bit to heavy even for me...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar