måndag 17 maj 2010

English Race Report Heubach

Yesterday it was the 2nd round of the German Bundesliga in Heubach, close to Stuttgart. Thousands of spectators had found their way to the small village in Baden-Würtemburg. Conditions were muddy and slippery, add the best riders in the world and a very hard course and you'll get a really spectacular race.
My start was quite good and I was in the middle of the field after the first climb. Constantly advancing in the field. But on the second lap a got some problems with my rear derailleur, somebody hit it in the start and after that it didn't really work. Had to stop for 5 min and then my race was over. I hade expected much better but sometimes shit happens and now I'll focus on the World Cup in Offenburg the upcoming weekend.

My teammate Marco Schätzing did a solid race and ended up 34 th in the elite category. In the U23 category Matthias Wengelin started really good and was 3rd after the first climb. But he probably blew himself and had to lower his pace. He ended up 21th.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar